Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Moving In The Right Direction

I repeated my liver enzymes this week and I'm happy to discover that they are (ever so slightly) moving in the right direction. It's great that they aren't increasing. We'll monitor weekly for a while and watch patiently. Another lesson in patience, just what I need!

I am considering going to Commonweal for their week-long Cancer Help Program.
http://commonweal.org/programs/cancer-help.html
I have heard about this program for many years, and now that I find myself on "the other side" of needing help, I'm considering going. Rachel Naomi Remen (one of the co-founders of Commonweal) is one of my heroes. I admire her and her 2 great books (Kitchen Table Wisdom and My Grandfather's Blessings) tremendously. I'm wondering if any of you have direct experience with their program and would be willing to share your thoughts and feelings about it with me. If you do, please email me.

Every day continues to be different. One day I feel like I'm sliding downhill, and the next day I feel better than ever. It's a mystery, and a challenge to let go needing to know why I feel every little thing that I feel. In general, I am having more good days than difficult days. It's a trend. I am definitely moving in the right direction.