Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Honey, I Shrunk The Tumor

I'm not sure why I keep growing breast cancers, but at least I know how to shrink them. My original crop in 2009 involved 9 tumors, which are all completely gone. The one that showed up last fall is my 10th!

I had my follow-up ultrasound today and my newest "breast buddy" is smaller in all dimensions. It's a full centimeter smaller at it's largest point. 4 months on a new estrogen-blocker seems to doing a good job - along with all the other things I do to care for myself. 

I also seem to have quieted whatever that was that looked like Rheumatoid Arthritis. I give my low-lectin diet full credit for that. If you're curious, or struggling with auto-immune disease, check it out. The book is called The Plant Paradox. It's by Steven Gundry, MD, who I wouldn't want to have at a  dinner party, but I'm filled with gratitude for his insight. 

Now what I'm left with is the usual stuff one experiences after 61 years of wear and tear, along with the bone and muscle pain caused by the estrogen blocking drug. I'll take pain over cancer any day!

I am off to teach The 3 Anatomies of The Heart: Personal, Biological, Cosmic
in Durham, NC April 19-22. I'd love to have you there. 

Here's registration info:

And here's an inspiring quote from Parker J. Palmer's, Healing the Heart of Democracy: The Courage to Create a Politics Worthy of the Human Spirit
“Under stress, an unexercised heart will explode in frustration or fury. If the situation is especially tense, that exploding heart may be hurled like a fragment grenade toward the source of its pain. But a heart that has been consistently exercised through conscious engagement with suffering is more likely to break open instead of apart. Such a heart has learned how to flex to hold tension in a way that expands its capacity for both suffering and joy.”