Sunday, April 25, 2010

Gentle Re-entry

Returning home from Commonweal (http://commonweal.org/programs/cancer-help.html) today will be the first step of a new sacred journey. This is where the real "work" of the retreat begins. How do I infuse my life with the miraculous unfoldings that began at this retreat? I will need to live into this question and discover the multifaceted answers.

I want to let you all know that I have had the most amazing week of my life. Steve is coming to pick me up today and we will have the 3 hour drive home together to "debrief."  I feel quite vulnerable, like a newborn with very thin skin. My inquiry and the revelations of the week will manifest through this blog, but it might take a little while for me to begin "public" writing again. So please be patient, and then wait some more, as an old teacher of mine used to say.

I am getting very serious about my writing practice, and most of my writing energy has been either private or part of something that is not ready for others to read yet. I will be deepening my writing process 2 weekends from now when Deena Metzger comes to town to offer a workshop.  If you're curious about who she is and want to have an inspiring evening, come to Capitola Book Cafe to hear her do a reading on Monday, May 10th. Here's the info:
http://www.booksite.com/texis/scripts/community/eventdetail.html?sid=4892&cal=2&eventid=4bcdee683c

I am so incredibly grateful for all of you who read my blog and have contributed to my healing and well-being with your heartfelt prayers, thoughts, and wishes.  I look forward to blogging for you, seeing you, talking with you, and having some big hugs in the not too distant future.