Sunday, January 10, 2010

Changing Hats For Blog Tech Support

I have received questions from many of you about technical difficulties on my blog. Allow me to switch hats and play the tech support nerd.

Are you tired of checking my blog for new entries? You can sign up to be a “Follower” of my blog and get email notification when I post a new entry. To do this you need a Google account. If you have a Google account already, just click on “Sign in” on the upper right corner of the page, and skip to the next paragraph for instructions.

If you don’t have a Google account, you can easily sign up for one. It’s free and it won’t require you to do anything. It is misleading, because to simply get an account you click on “Create Blog,” which doesn’t have anything to do with starting your own blog, unless that’s what you want to do. This is just the way to create a Google account. Fill in the stuff they ask (email, choose a password, etc) and then you can sign in.

After signing in, click on “Follow” which you will find on the left side of the toolbar at the top of the page. A window will open and ask if you want to “Follow Publicly” or “Follow Anonymously.” I do not publicly list my Followers on my blog, so following publicly will only allow me to know you are reading my blog. If you follow anonymously, no one will no you are following my blog, not even me. When you have chosen, click “FOLLOW” at the bottom of the window.

I have purposely blocked the ability for you to leave comments on my blog. I don’t like the idea of publicly sharing everyone’s comments. If you want to send me a comment, please just email me directly at bonnie@bonniegintis.com.

If you want to simplify finding my blog, the easiest way to get to it is to go to www.bonniegintis.com and click on the link that says, "Go to Bonnie's health blog." Otherwise, you can go directly to http://www.bonniegintishealth.blogspot.com/

I have received so much (regular "snail") mail from many of you, and luckily most of you have my current address:
3233 Valencia Avenue, Suite B6
Aptos, CA 95003

Unfortunately, a few of you have sent mail to my old office on Park Avenue in Soquel and I have not received it. Steve and I moved 2 ½ years ago, and the post office won’t forward mail for more than a year. It was bad timing, but we decided to move 2 months after my book was published, so my book has the incorrect address. Our old mail carrier, Darcy is an angel and when she noticed a deluge of mail and packages coming to the old address she called me to let me know something was up. Please update your address books.

I am almost done with my next 2 entries, so give me a few hours or a day and there will be news and a more philosophical entry. The ocean is booming this morning and I have a feeling it’s going to be a great day for a walk on the beach. My friends in New York are freezing. It was 1 degree there this morning. Please go enjoy yourselves. Life is too precious to complain about the weather.