Saturday, May 18, 2013

An Article About Blogging DOs And My Greatest Hits

A recent issue of The DO, an on-line newsletter which explores "human interest" aspects of Osteopathic education and practice in the US, has an article about DOs who blog. I was interviewed for this story and a segment of my conversation with the author, Rose Raymond, appears about half-way through the piece. Here's a link to the article:
http://www.do-online.org/TheDO/?p=137331

During her interview, Rose asked me if I had any particular blog entries that were my favorites. She's not the first person who's asked me this. Now that I've been blogging almost 3 1/2 years, there are a lot of entries. Occasionally I get an email from someone who has just discovered my blog and they have read it entry-by-entry, like a book. But I also get inquires from those who ask if there are a handful of entries that are representative of the whole, that might offer an overview without reading all 93 entries. I sat down and skimmed all of them from 2009 to 2012, which was a bit like having my life flash before me. These are the ones that jumped out as my favorites. I wouldn't go as far as to say that these entries offer a complete summary of my life situation, and I hope this isn't what actually flashes across my consciousness as I am in my final moments before death, but these are the ones I most enjoyed picking as favorites. Click on each title and a link will take you right to the entry:

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2009
Cause, Effect, And Coherence

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2009
Thanksgiving and My Omnivorous Dilemma

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2009
After The Disability Forms, The Gates Of Hell

TUESDAY, JANUARY 5, 2010
Mr. Spock and I

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2010
Statistics Or Sadistics?

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2010
The Liver-Kidney See-Saw And The Paradox of Longing

THURSDAY, MARCH 4, 2010
An Unexpected Path

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2010
Making Sense With Stories

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2011
Coffee and "The Hidden Discipline Of Familiarity"

2013