Monday, May 17, 2010

On Ice

My surgery went very well and I am resting comfortably with my hand wrapped in a bandage with a built-in circulating ice bath. Ice water offers fabulous pain relief! The anesthesia hasn't totally worn off yet, so I'm bobbing and weaving as I type with one hand and let you know I'm okay. I’ll be back blogging when I can resume hunting and pecking with a few more fingers.

Thanks so much to all of you who emailed, called, prayed, or did a little dance for me today. There are too many to reply to you all, so please accept my heartfelt gratitude to you all as a group.

Steve is making me laugh & is cooking something with those little green French lentils. Yum!

I spent a while in the waking part of my day listening to more of Clarissa Pinkola Estes' "Theater of the Imagination." She is so entertaining and inspiring. But tonight we will watch a movie that is so inane that I'm embarrassed to tell you. Silly comedy is good medicine.

I'm "on ice" until the dark night of the Handless Maiden reveals its next phase.